Monday, February 14, 2011

weigh in

Pssssshhh. I am a bit torked off at the scale this morning. I have been doing so well, but the scale has revolted. I did have half a cupcake and a sugar cookie and some white chocolate pecan popcorn on Friday night at small group. And I had sweet tea instead of water at dinner on Saturday night. And a piece of red velvet cake on Sunday when I was out on a V-day date with my love. So maybe I have let myself indulge a little too much now that I have typed it all out. BUT I am also exercising more! I am up to 25 minutes on the elliptical and ellipticaling (what do you call it? You aren't walking? You aren't gliding? What is it?) 3 miles. It is quite the workout. And on Saturday I did 150 squats and some weights for my arms for 20 minutes.  Shouldn't it all balance out?

I am trying not to be frustrated and have this be the cause of a major backslide. Which has been a prominent pattern in the past. I will soldier on and make good choices for a healthier me! I deserve it! My husband deserves it! My children deserve it!!

Maybe I should take my measurements as an additional way to mark my progress and not just to rely on the temperamental scale. I will do that later today. I know you can't wait!


Starting weight: 227.8
Current weight: 223.2
Mini-goal: 199

Oh, and one more thing...no more weighing myself in the middle of the week! I would have been excited about being 223.2 if it weren't for my 222.8 on Thursday. Lesson learned!!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea to take some measurements. Sometimes as you build muscle, the scale reflects that and it can be frustrating. Even with your little indulgences, you are working hard! Keep it up! You are an elliptical inspiration

    ReplyDelete