Wednesday, February 16, 2011

fear

I am a little scared of a few things regarding my weight loss. Some of them are pretty trivial, others are crippling. Both are ever present in my mind. 

Fear 1: I will have a bobble head. Have you seen pics of fat people that lose a ton of weight and it looks like they have a bobble head? I don't want a bobble head. 

Fear 2: I will be so ugly under my clothes from the loose skin. I might look slammin' fully clothed and tucked into some spanx, but if I look like a freak without my clothes on then what is the point? One of the reasons I am doing this is for my husband, the only other person besides me who sees me naked. I don't want to look like a monster. I have been fat most of my life. My skin is stretched out and stretch marked. Will it shrink as much as I need it to? Will my skin betray me?

Fear 3: I will fail. I am doing really well right now. Is it easy? No. Am I battling lots of demons to make wiser choices? Yes. Can I sustain my current enthusiasm? I hope so! Have I been here before? Yes. Have I maintained substantial weight loss before? No. 

Fear 4: I will bankrupt us by being able to shop in the normal size section. ha. So silly, and yet it is something I think about. 

Fear 5: I will see myself as a fat person no matter how much weight I lose and I will never truly be happy with my body. I want to be able to look in a mirror and be proud of my accomplishments. I want to see me for me. What if I don't after all the work? Again, what is the point of all the work if there is no inner joy? 

1 comment:

  1. great post. (no...you won't ever be a bobble head. unless you get as skinny as kelly ripa)

    ReplyDelete