Thursday, February 10, 2011

tootin my own horn

I don't want to toot my own horn, but I just have to!!!  I have been totally rockin' this fat to fit thing this week!!  I have been exercising on the elliptical every day. I have not been snacking and only eating when I am hungry and stopping when I am satisfied, not when I am unbutton the pants full. I realize that I have lived most of my life with a "need to eat until I can't put another bite in my mouth without wanting to puke" mentality. Woh! That is a lot of unnecessary calories.  I also decided that I am not going to eat something unless it is really delicious. That leaves out a lot of junk I used to mindlessly eat. YAY me! And I have this awesome 20 oz. Starbucks insulated tumbler with the cutest candy cane stripe straw that makes it fun to drink 64 oz. of water a day. Yes, I know how ridiculous that sounds. That a cup can make drinking water fun, but it is true. I love that cup!!

I told a friend that it feels different this time. That I feel more committed, less deprived. That I am actually enjoying the process. Challenging myself everyday to make wise choices. And feeling so good when I lay my head on my pillow at night and know that I have succeeded.  And the scale is showing how my hard work is paying off. I cheated and weighed myself this morning. EEEK!!


Starting weight 1/31/11: 227.8
Current weight 2/10/11: 222.8    5 pounds, baby!!!!
Mini-goal: 199

2 comments:

  1. WOOHOO BABE! I am so proud of you, and not just about the weight but your attitude in the process. I love you my sexy queen!

    YOU CAN DOOO EEEEET! :)

    PS - Cant wait for our date this weekend! Coffee and a much earned dessert!

    ReplyDelete