Monday, April 4, 2011

is this even possible?

I decided last week that I was going to really buckle down on this weight loss endeavor. I pretty much took the month of March off. EEEEK! So with a new start date in mind I ate like a crazy pig. Fast food multiple times, a bag of Reese's peanut butter eggs (yes, the whole bag), half a loaf of ciabatta bread toasted with tons of butter dripping through the holes. It was ridiculous! But that is how I roll. Not that I am proud of that little tid bit, but whatever.

April 1st I woke up and weighed myself. 222.6. I decided to do a low carb thing for the first few weeks. I am making up my own plan...because I am a nutritionist and I know all about how my insides work. Or not. It is more like common sense and gleaming tid bits from every diet book I have ever read. Weight Watchers is a good program but I find myself obsessing about points and always thinking about food. Not good. So I scrapped WW.

I jumped on the scale this morning....4 days later and I am down to 218. WHAT?!!? Seriously. I am not starving myself. I eat when I am hungry. Stop when I am satisfied. I even had dessert last night (a delicious concoction that Chad made with baked apples, brown sugar, butter, cream, cinnamon.) I had pizza on Saturday night. But I am not eating nearly as many carbs as before. No giant bowl of cereal in the morning. 2 eggs and some fruit and a cup of coffee. Veggies or salad for lunch. Steamed veggies with a little butter and parmesan is so yummy. Or my salad with gorgonzola and pecans. Delicious. Then a healthy portion of what we have for dinner with the family. And by healthy I mean healthy, not huge. Like when people make comments about your chubby baby by saying how healthy he is. So lame.

It is working for me now. Will it work long term? I have no idea. I am just getting through one day at a time. One meal at a time.  I need to work on my water consumption. I need to add in a workout of some sort, either elliptical or walking outside now that the weather is getting warmer.

Current weight: 218.5
Total weight lost: 9.3
Mini-goal: 199

1 comment:

  1. WOooooHOOOOO! Yay! I am doing better at the water consumption, not so good on everything else. Damn easter candy! I like the one day at a time thing...let's do that. ;)

    ReplyDelete