Saturday, April 9, 2011

carb binge

I lasted 7 days without caving and having a total carb binge. It happened yesterday. We took no bake cookies to our homeschool co-op to celebrate Eli's birthday. I didn't have one then, showing off my amazing will power. We hit up Taco Bell/KFC for lunch. I ate my tacos and had a cookie. 20 minutes later I had another cookie. Some Lay's Classic potato chips. Then another cookie. Then a giant bowl of Corn Pops. I was stuffed to the gills and feeling extremely guilty.

 I rectified the situation by not indulging in all the snacks at our small group that night despite the fact that there were chocolate chip cookies, chocolate cake, spanakopita, muffins, candy, chips and spinach dip. It was a veritable carb fest waiting to be devoured. I had a cup of coffee instead. I was proud of myself.

Got on the scale this morning and I didn't gain a single ounce. YES!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! You should be proud of your victory at small group. that was quite a feat!! I don't know how you did it. kudos to you!
    (And no bake cookies are my FAVE. don't blame you!!)

    ReplyDelete